Show your support for funding research on science, innovation and society!
The easiest way to support our request is described in the 3 documents below and it takes approximately 20 minutes. Please select the latest version:
THE OBJECTIVE OF SWAFS:
The objective of ‘Science with and for Society’ (SwafS) is a stronger integration of the European citizens into the production of knowledge, technology and impact via appropriate participatory or representative approaches to their inclusion in process and outcomes of science, research and innovation.
WHY YOU SHOULD SUPPORT THE SWAFS COMMUNITY:
To tackle todays’ large scale challenges to the European societies we need:
- a strong multi-disciplinary multi-stakeholder community capable of integrating SSH (Social Sciences and Humanities) as well as STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) with the needs, expectations and values of the European citizens. The SwafS community is still in its early formative stages, yet it is already the most advanced community in this respect.
- feasible new ways of including European citizens in the production of knowledge, technology, value and impact. Such new ways have been developed in past years and have led to concepts like Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI), open science or engaged research to assure desirable research and innovation impacts. As they start to become recognized for their potential benefits, they have to be developed further and tested in different contexts.
While the SwafS community is coming into gear, it is still in a process of consolidation and needs financial support from the upcoming framework program ‘Horizon Europe’ to continue its work.
WHAT IS THE OVERALL STRUCTURE OF SWAFS:
Here we are providing you with the overall structure of SwafS under H2020, so that you can assess whether you, your work or your future might be directly affected.
- Science Education
- Public Engagement in Responsible Research and Innovation
- Open Science (Open Access)
- Promoting Gender Equality in Research and Innovation
- Responsible research & innovation
WHAT WE ARE ASKING YOU TO DO:
We call on you to participate in the current Public Consultations on the European Framework Program ‘Horizon Europe’ which are open until September 9th, 2019 and voice a strong request for:
- the inclusion of the SwafS objective in one or several clusters as a targeted impact (depending option you choose in supporting us),
- the inclusion of the SwafS objective as a cross-cutting factor,
- a subprogram for SwafS within the program ‘Reforming and Enhancing the European R&I system,’ with funding aiming at 1 % of Horizon Europe budget, which would be comparable to funding under H2020.
We invite you to participate in this consultations either as an European citizen, as an organization or as both.
The official website of the Public Consultations on Horizon Europe can be found HERE.
To participate in the public consultations on ‘Horizon Europe’ go HERE.